Monday, July 21, 2014

MelodyODesigns' Faux Bakelite Cherry Jewelry Customer Appreciation Day Part 2

Fabulous and Flirty Pin Up girl Kirstin wearing my faux Bakelite vintage inspired cherry necklace from the faux vintage Bakelite inspired Red Cherry Jewelry Reproduction Collection at and MelodyODesigns at Etsy (photo courtesy of Studio Betties Pinup and Boudoir Photography, Minneapolis, MN)
I love it when I have the opportunity to get to know my customers a little bit. When they have questions or customization requests there are often a number of emails that go back and forth. So, sometime customers share how they intend to wear the jewelry piece and for what the special occasion they are planning on wearing it. I consider myself VERY LUCKY when I have the opportunity share their vision and actually end up seeing a photo of the customer wearing the jewelry. Kirstin contacted me because she was planning a Pin Up photo shoot around a cherry theme and says she loves dressing in retro/pin up/vintage. She is clearly a woman with a super sense of style and the presence to successfully pull off "THE LOOK" so beautifully....not to mention CHARMING the camera.
Celebrating"Antiquing Day" with galfriends Audrey, Susan, Jennie, Shari and Kirstin (wearing her Cherry Necklace and Cherry Bar Brooch that add the perfect touch to her awesome vintage Poodle Skirt Ensemble.)
In the ongoing saga of the "connections" that have been developing among my customer (see
Cherry Jewelry Customer Appreciation Part 1)........Melanie of Lorelei's Vintage Shop at Etsy had spotted Kate wearing my cherry necklace at Disneyland, contacted me and purchased a customized cherry necklace. I wrote a customer appreciation blog article on that included Lorelei's Vintage and featured a super special cherry top Melanie had designed for her shop to compliment my necklace. I had already almost finished writing this blog article about Kirstin when she saw the article about Melanie and Lorelei's Vintage. She discovered she loves their clothing designs and purchased one of their "Va Va Voom" bustier tops in black to go with her capris and cherry necklace, so we HAD to ask for photos to share with readers.    


I was thrilled to receive the following fabulous split screen photo from SB illustrating her "take" on the Cherry Bar Brooch's listing description: "It commands equal attention whether paired with a corporate suit or modern blue jeans." She wrote, "I wore it all week long and it looked great with almost everything in my closet." What a fun photo and I'm so grateful that she shared it.
SB shown wearing her versatile faux Bakelite Cherry Bar Brooch from MelodyODesigns at Etsy

Kirstin showing her Cherry Bar Brooch and Necklace
I plan on sharing more favorite customer appreciation stories in the next few months. If you haven't already read them, you might enjoy reading
Cherry Jewelry Customer Appreciation Part1, 

Cherry Jewelry Customer Appreciation Day Part 3  

Cherry Jewelry Customer Appreciation Day Part 4

and also heartwarming story about one of my favorite customers and Cubs fans Diane, her dad Bob and the baseball necklace.


3 comments:

  1. I especially love the picture of Kirstin as a pin-up girl and I must say, your cherry necklace is the perfect accent piece. Your creations are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vintage like cherry jewelry is pretty cool! It is always such a good feeling to see others wearing your art isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful way to say "thank you" to your customers. I have always admired your "Cherry Jewelry", it good to know it went to someone who appreciates it. Your talent and your customer service is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete